Thursday, November 29, 2012

Turkey and Goat Cheese Quesadilla

So I am supposed to writing my final paper of my graduate career right now, doesn't that sound fun? 20 or so pages on the Gluten Free Diet Fad, while the topic is very interesting, reading all the research makes me want to pull my hair out. So in my true procrastination fashion I have found everything else to do in the mean time. I mean its not due until tomorrow?! So you know how it works, I've done every other task that is not so fun just to avoid writing this paper ( ie luandry, clean the house, billing for the dance studio, cutting music for dance etc.) and lastly hung out in the kitchen to figure out what to make for lunch.  After a quick inspirational browse through pinterest I decided on a quesedilla.

I took this recipe and altered to what I had on hand and added some turkey for a little kick of protein.


The idea of the quesadilla is so simple, its basically like a panini but in a tortilla. So get creative and throw some of your favorite sandwich stuffers in the pan and try it! 

This is what I did:

In a skillet on medium heat place one whole wheat tortilla- 
Spread with about 1 oz of goat cheese. (Remember one ounce is about the size of a domino)
Add sliced avocado ( I used half of a small to medium sized)
Add chopped sun dried tomatoes ( I used 3-4)
let it start getting nice a warm( about 2 minutes)


On the other tortilla I added 3 slices of peppered turkey


Before I added the second tortilla to the skillet I added 2 handfuls of arugula ( side note, I think I would have liked it better had I topped it ( ie the Rocket) with the arugula at the end just for the added crunch but it still tasted good, it was just a little wilted.


Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper and top it with the second tortilla with turkey and cook in skillet until both sides are golden brown and crispy ( about 7-9 minutes total)
Slice with pizza cutter and see all the melty goodness inside!

 My little helper was pretty excited once she saw the turkey come out of the fridge.....
Sorry Gracie,  not sharing this one

I don't care how much you beg!

The best part about this meal is that there was very little clean up, just the cutting board and knife, and if you're careful your skillet will be pretty much spotless if you have a non stick skillet, no need to butter or spray the pan. 

 This lunch took about 15 minutes to prepare, and about 5 to devour!

Enjoy!

xoxo
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment