Well I'm back! Instead of typing out what are my so called recipes I decided it might be easier to share with you all this way!
For more pics of my daily cooking trials you can follow me on
Twitter @aeargo or on Instagram as aeargo
I found this recipe on Pinterest the other day but when I actually looked at the recipe there is no goat cheese in it.... weird.
So I based my recipe off of this and added a few other things I had around the house.
Spinach+ sun dried tomatoes in creamy goat cheese pastaPasta- I used whole wheat shell because A. its what I had and B. I like the way the sauce and the veggies stick to the shells.
Sun Dried Tomatoes
Light Sour Cream
Goat Cheese aka Chevre
Pasta- whatever you like or have around- use whole wheat as a way to up the fiber factor!
Parmesan+Romano+Asiago Cheese blend
Boil Pasta ( I used 4 servings worth or in this case about half the box so we could have leftovers for lunch)
1. Heat EVOO ( about 3 Tbsps) in a skillet
2. add 2 Tsps of minced garlic
3. Add spinach ( I added 3/4 of a bag- the more the merrier it wilts down to virtually nothing and it is full of goodness for you that don't be afraid to have a heavy hand went sauteing spinach.
4. Add S+P to taste ( I toss in a heavy pinch of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper on top of the spinach)
5. Chop sun dried tomatoes or you could use fresh tomatoes and add them to the spinach mixture ( I love them so I used probably 10-12 tomatoes)
5. Add about 3/4 cup of the hot pasta water to the spinach mix once the pasta is done cooking
6. Add about 1/2 cup -3/4 cup light sour cream and stir in the mixture
7. Add creamy goat cheese to mixture, I used about 2 oz, or 2-3 tbsp worth ( sorry I eyeball everything)
Once all the sour cream and goat cheese is melted together with spinach and sun dried tomato blend add the pasta and combine all together. I sprinkled the Parm/romano/asiago blend and some ground pepper to top it all off.
I'm off to enjoy leftovers for lunch
Happy Hump day Ya'll!